Sunday, July 18, 2004

Toward online democracy

Jesse has alerted me to an important electoral contest: Mr. Gay.com 2004.  Sigh.  Puke.   So boring.   So much gender conformity.  
 
I hope I never, ever date anyone who claims to have a "great personality," or who is inspired by Madonna because "she once loved fame" and later "found it was fake."  or who says the development of a gay cable network is the most exciting and significant change of the last year.   
 
I only voted for two candidates, who i gave all-5 ratings: tennisguy2, who calls himself "way-left" and "feminine/femme" and looks skinny, directs plays, speaks four languages, and picked Elaine from Seinfield as the TV character the most identifies with; and chineseDstudent, who, though he is a dental student and "sports nut," gets points for writing at length about how important the Supreme Court's affirmative action ruling last year is to him.    
 
Still: where are the genderqueers?

No comments: