Dear Senator Reid,
I am a gay American and a contributor to the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee.
Having just received a fundraising letter you sent on behalf of Bob Casey's campaign for Senate, I want to thank you for mentioning gay rights prominently in your letter.
Admittedly, I shouldn't really have to thank you for this, since Santorum's views on gay rights are so radically out of step with the mainstream. But given the Democrats' tendency to leave gay Americans to fend for ourselves when push comes to shove, I want to give credit where credit is due.
I hope Senator Kennedy won't be the only member of the Judiciary Committee to bring up the topic of gay rights during the upcoming confirmation hearings for Samuel Alito, as he was during the recent Roberts hearings. And I hope and expect that in the coming years, more of your colleagues will stand up for marriage equality in the coming year than have done so until now.
Please continue to speak up for folks like me.
2 comments:
Keep posting things like this and I'll keep reading. Thanks very much.
The USA is an amazing country. On the one hand it's all about freedom, at the same time they are discussing if being gay is acceptable.
Post a Comment