Thursday, January 06, 2005

Barbara Boxer is my hero

To: senator@boxer.senate.gov

Dear Senator Boxer:

I want to extend my warm thanks for your courageous willingness to stand with African American members of the House of Representatives in drawing attention to voting irregularities in Ohio.

I understand that you are likely to be the target of vicious attacks by the right-wing media because you took this stand. Please know that I'll do everything I can to support you in the future.

I have also written to the Majority Leader reminding him that, in spite of your disagreement about the particulars of this election, it is his duty as a patriot to respect your sincere and profound concern for the sanctity of voting rights.

I'm confident that my friends and relatives in California share my appreciation for your courage.

Sincerely yours,
Timothy ***

*************************************************
To: Senator_Frist@frist.senate.gov

Dear Senator Frist:

Although you disagree with Senator Barbara Boxer about the significance of voting irregularities in Ohio this November, I hope and expect that as a patriot, you will join me in saluting Senator Boxer's courage in standing up for her beliefs.

Will you join me in urging a bipartisan effort to discuss ways of safeguarding that most precious right for which so many Americans have given their lives, the right to vote?

Thank you in advance for your attention and reply.


Sincerely yours,
Timothy ***

No comments: