Friday, October 08, 2004

Can you live with regret on Nov. 3?

That was the subject line of an email "from" James Carville I got this morning, which made me go online and give another $25 to the DNC.

I'm feeling guilty 'cause I was supposed to call Ohio and Colorado voters this week, and I just dropped the ball and didn't do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can live with regret on November 3. John Kerry does not represent me and I've never liked him. And it is highly unlikely that swing voter registration and get-out-the-vote campaigns are going to determine this election. Two more likely determinants:

(1) jerrymandering, intimidation and downright fraud intended to keep the wrong people (nader and blacks) as far away as possible from anything that resembles a ballot

(2) electronic voting machines on which 30% of the nation's votes will be cast without any way of ever knowing how much tampering took place with software widely known to computer security experts to be totally insecure.

And giving money to the DNC is just feeding the beast! We need to threaten the DNC, challenge and intimidate it until and unless it meets our demands. The DNC is controlled by corrupt corporate crony neoliberals who represent only a minor improvement over Bush. Two pieces of their control network:

(1) a vastly consolidated mass media in the hands of a conservative elite,

(2) a national myth that fetishizes normalcy and makes taboo any mention of what we really need: class war.

Clearly, contributing to any of these other issues would be a better use of our time.